Aluminum ramps are widely used for lifting and carrying tracked and wheeled machinery and tools in a safe manner.
Aluminum loading ramps are used in a variety of sectors. Some of them are:
- Excavation: Construction, moving heavy mini-excavators, mini-loaders, motorized and measured excavators, and backhoe loaders are all applications for loading ramps.
- Building Sector: Shifting drainage platforms, aerial platforms, telescopic lifters, and power barrows are all used in the construction industry.
- Agricultural Sector: Loading and unloading motor cultivators, compost spreaders, and fruit harvesting wagons in the agricultural sector.
- Green Area Maintenance: Grass cutters, mini tractors, and motor homes are used to maintain green spaces.
- Leisure Activities: Recreational activities include the transportation of motorcycles, quad bikes, and jet skis.
How Should A Loading And Unloading Ramp For Earthmoving Machines Be Positioned, Used, And Maintained?
Positioning and securing
- Check that the mode of transportation is securely parked on a solid level surface before positioning the ramp. Check that the vehicle’s rear dumper is locked in a horizontal position (down).
- Position and secure one ramp at a time using the ramp model’s appropriate fixing method.
- The ramp’s attachment to the vehicle must be in accordance with the model type. If a fixing pin is used, it must have a 13 mm diameter, a length of at least 60 mm, and be made of C40 carbon steel or higher.
- After positioning, ensure that the ramp’s maximum angle of slope is less than 30 percent or that the angle formed between the ramp and the ground is not more than 16 degrees.
First, ensure that the ramp is long enough to accommodate the vehicle being moved.
- Verify that the ramps have the same code (unless using a single ramp). Check that the vehicle’s weight is within the ability of the ramp, as shown on the ID plate attached to each ramp.
- Check that the distance between the ramps is appropriate for the vehicle’s front axle width.
- Check that the width of the ramp is equal to or greater than the width of the vehicle to be moved wheels and/or tracks.
- Ramps with special applications (e.g., fitted with rubber) are required for the transit of steel-tracked vehicles. These must extend beyond the ramp’s side edges and be securely fastened in place.
- The vehicle should ascend and descend at a rate of one to two kilometers per hour.
- To correct the direction, avoid making sudden or sharp steering movements.
- Do not slam on the brakes or accelerate suddenly.
- Clean the ramps after use of any dirt accumulated during transit (e.g., mud, stones, oil, grease): this good practice prevents vehicles from slipping when ascending or descending.
- Do not use cleaning products that contain halogenated organic solvent-based degreasing agents.
- Check the condition of the ramps on a regular basis, both before and after use. If any flaws are discovered (e.g., welding cracks, structural deformations, etc.), request that the manufacturer inspect the product.
3 Significant Advantages of Aluminum Loading Ramps
For a long time, the only option for relocating heavy items in space was aluminum loading ramps and wood. Aluminum loading ramps have enabled workers to move heavy objects without endangering their health and safety. So, let us delve into the seemingly endless list of advantages.
As stated in the introduction, aluminum loading ramps are non-toxic, making them the preferred material over wood. Because it does not rust, it does not require a preservative, which poses a slew of health risks to workers.
As a result, aluminum loading ramps are a much safer option, keeping workers safe while also increasing their job satisfaction by ensuring that they are not in danger.
2. Simple to Use
The fact that aluminum loading ramps are easy to use is next on the list of reasons why they are the smart choice. Your tasks will be much smoother and faster from start to finish, which is critical given the fast-paced nature of the industry.
Because they do not rust, they are also extremely easy to clean and maintain, making them indispensable for ongoing jobs and projects. Because it is simple to set up, use, and pack away, workers can complete their tasks in an instant, never having to worry about missing a deadline.
3. Sturdy and long-lasting
Finally, because of their durability, loading ramps are the best option for workers. It will not rust, and as a result, it will last for years, making it not only a wise choice but also a cost-effective one. Aluminum loading ramps can be used as floating docks because they do not deteriorate, rust, or splinter. This makes the tool versatile, as it can be used for a variety of tasks. You’ll never have to worry about replacing it prematurely because it’s extremely durable and long-lasting.
Finally, loading ramps are an excellent choice for keeping employees safe and happy. Because they are highly protective, durable, long-lasting, and especially easy to use, it is no surprise that every company relies on this piece of equipment.